Sunday, August 29, 2010

A day at the park


We walked to the park on Friday because it was cloudy, but as we stepped out of the house the sun poked its head out. Ah, the sun. Can't you just hide a bit longer for us to take a nice walk, so that we don't feel as if we are going to burn alive. We made it to the shop, where luckily, Miah had bought us some Subway (he knows how much we like to eat). Jonas and I agreed on a picnic at the park.


First thing we did when we arrived at the park was eat. It was a long walk, we were hungry. The boys played together. Angus is big enough to climb up the slide all by himself. Jonas was excited about that. He saw some kids his age approach the playground and said, "Maybe they can play with me." Then he thought and spoke again, "I'll just play with Angus." That makes me happy. To know that they have each other to play with and have fun.


After eating, sliding, playing, running, falling, a scraping of the knee and a bump from a swing later we were thirsty and ready to head home. Being too tired to walk back, we had Miah pick us up. Thank God Miah works so close, I don't think I could have walked any further than the parking lot.

I wish the weather was like this more often, so that we don't have to wait until it's right around the boys bedtime to go outside.
Can't wait for fall!