Friday, December 7, 2012

sweet goodnight

I've been sick for over a week. Jonas and I came down with strep throat and it has been horrible. Ugh. The pain is fading thanks to the antibiotics, but now I am hoping this earache goes away soon.

The days have been tough. Three kids at home, all day, with no chance of naps for me. But I got through them. Thank god we are all starting to feel better, we'll except for Miah.

I was feeling down today. Earache, messy house, and whiny children. Every time I cleaned up a mess, another one was waiting for me. Little Paloma is good at making them.

Jonas was giving me a hard time because he wanted to play the wii. He kept asking and asking about it. Finally, he stopped and relaxed. Later, he walked up to me and said, "I'm sorry I was acting so bad. I feel bad for you mom. You're not having a very good day."

I gave him a hug and thanked him for apologizing and acknowledging how bad a day I was having. He can be tough and wild, but he also is such a sweetheart.

The day started to turn around.

Paloma peeled a banana and threw it on the ground. I was about to get frustrated, when I had an idea. "Let's make banana bread."

She helped do everything. She was my banana masher, ingredient pourer, and mixer.

"Need more shuger," she said.

After, she was so happy she kept saying, "I made it, I made it!"

Angus walked into the kitchen and started giving me kisses all over my head.

All of those things made my day so much better.

As they were falling asleep, angus held my hand and Paloma lay next to me. Before he had fallen asleep, Jonas told me he loved me and that I was the best mom.

Sometimes, they make my days tough, but they always make them better.